5 Must Haves You May Have Left Off Your List
Whether this is the first time you’re headed for the slopes or it has simply been some time since you had a chance to visit snow country, your packing list is key to ensuring you’ve brought everything along. Aside from the layers, though, what else should you actually take with you? Don’t leave without any of these five items!
- Sunglasses: You can’t leave for a day on the slopes without a good pair of sunglasses. Just as your boots and skis are a must, so too is some kind of protection from the glare of the sun, and sunglasses are an easy way to do just that. You’ll want to go with plastic frames as well as those that have polycarbonate lenses and that offer UV protection.
- Backpack: Depending on where you’ll be skiing, you’re going to need to take a few things along, and a light backpack is the perfect way to do just that. You want it to be fairly light and to fit comfortably. If you plan to do a lot of back country skiing, you may have additional requirements, so do your research.
- Camera: It’s going to be beautiful. No matter where you plan to ski, you will want pictures to show your mates when you get back home. Take a camera. Even if it’s a simple affair, make sure you have something with which to record the moment.
- Hydration Pack: Skiing is thirsty work, and if you intend to be in a resort where you may not see refreshment for hours, this will be essential to your success.
- Lip Balm: The wind, sun, and snow can be murder for your lips. Carry more than one tube of lip balm. You’ll need it again and again while you’re skiing.