Best ski resorts for a romantic vacation
1. Lake Tahoe, CaliforniaAs long as you both are reasonable skiers, Lake Tahoe is the perfect get away for a newlywed couple. Cosy hotels, charming atmosphere and a limited number of snowboarders increases the likelihood of a very peaceful ski holiday.
2. Zermatt, SwitzerlandZermatt is a very charming and quite perfect place for the newlywed couple on their first ski holiday. The mountain village of Zermatt has a no car policy in the town center for instance, which makes it very peaceful and calm. The view of Matterhorn and great skiing for skiers of all levels turns this resort into a most perfect place.
3. Park City, UtahIf you prefer a calm vacation with few young adults who party all night long, Park City in Utah is a good option. Deer Valley is the most quite place but Park City Mountain Resort is worth to mention if you also feel like exploring some of the activities on offer.
4. Kitzbühel, AustriaRasmushof is an ideal hotel for you and your partner. Here you will find a bar, restaurant, fitness centre, wine cellar and a massage parlour. Each room has a balcony and is decorated in an old-fashioned style. Naturally, the skiing here is also excellent.
5. Big Sky, MontanaBig Sky is a lovely place with good conditions for a peaceful vacation. There are plenty of ski slopes for skiers on all levels. Don’t miss “Mr K.”, which is an easy slope with magnificent scenery, sort of like taking a forest walk, but on skis.
If you decide to travel to Big Sky, pack a lot of warm clothes as it can get quite chilly.