The 7 most luxurious ski resorts in the world
1. Val d'IsèreVal d’Isère is a classical luxurious ski resort, covered in beautiful old houses made of stone. The skiing is great thanks to an enormous ski lift system and well-maintained ski pistes. You will find luxury boutiques, superb restaurants and high end accommodation. This is one of the most luxurious ski resorts in the world and it is reflected in the price levels. A week of half-board accommodation for a family with two children could easily cost around 6,500 GBP.
2. Cortina d’AmpezzoBeautiful Cortina d’Ampezzo is one of the most exclusive ski resorts in Italy, and Europe. The queen of the Dolomites is a given choice for those who appreciate that little bit of extra. Cortina is really an exclusive place. Royalties and super stars from all over the world come here to spend their holiday. On top, the ski pistes are superb and parts of the European world cup are often held here.
3. Aspen, USAUnforgettable skiing surrounded by celebrities. A real mecca for those looking for the ultimate place of luxury. Mythical Aspen, at 2,400 meters above sea in the middle of the magnificent Colorado mountain range, is truly a great place. Here you will find superb weather conditions, magical powder snow and unforgettable skiing experiences. On average, the sun shines five days a week. Really, it isn’t very strange that this place attracts famous celebrities like Heidi Klum, Johnny Depp and Mariah Carey.
4. GstaadGstaad, located in the southwestern parts of Switzerland, has an international rumour of being one of the most luxurious ski resorts world-wide. The surroundings are strikingly beautiful and the town offers a great variety of fantastic restaurants and exclusive boutiques with brands such as Cartier, Prada and Givenchy. The symbol of Gstaad, the famous hotel of Gstaad Palace, is definitely worth mentioning. The hotel offers five fabulous restaurants, 100 first class rooms and 30 suites.
5. St. MoritzSt. Moritz in Switzerland, located close to the Italian border, is a real gem on the Alpine map.
Wealthy skiers have come here for more than a hundred years. This ski resort offers several five star hotels, such as the legendary Badrutts Palace which is often visited by international celebrities. The ski slopes are also of high class, which is one of the reasons that St. Moritz has hosted the Olympics twice.